Of the French Polynesia Leeward group of Islands is the Island of Bora Bora. The Island features an extinct volcano at its center which rises to two peaks called Mount Pahia and Mount Otemanu. To know more about the beauty of Bora Bora, read through the following facts about the island.
One of the French Polynesia Leeward group of Islands is the Island of Bora Bora. The Island features an extinct volcano at its center which rises to two peaks called Mount Pahia and Mount Otemanu. To know more about the beauty of Bora Bora, read through the following facts about the island.
1. The Island is nestled on the waters about 230 kilometers (143 miles) northwest of Papeete. It is surrounded by a lagoon and a barrier reef.
2. During the Second World War, United States chose Bora Bora as a supply outpost for its South Pacific Fleet. It acted as an oil depot, airstrip, seaplane base, and defensive fortifications were constructed around it.
3. Did you know that in the Tahitian Language, from which the word Bora Bora was picked does not have a ‘B’. Rather, it has letter ‘P’ and thus the Island is called Pora Pora which is translated to mean ‘first born’ in English.
4. Bora Bora’s St. Regis Resort was the scene where the movie ‘Couples Retreat’ was shot. It appeared on screen as the Eden Resort.
5. Bora Bora is one of the most secluded islands on the planet. To demonstrate this, sample this; the Island of Hawaii gets more visitors in 10 days than the whole of French Polynesia gets in a whole year.
6. What’s your idea of paradise? Beautiful Beaches? Good food? Unpolluted environment? Well, Bora Bora has all this…but what really makes it a paradise is that there are no poisonous insects or snakes. You can sleep on the beach without risking a snake bite.
7. If you put a flower on your left year, it is an indication that you have someone special in your life. If on the other hand you put it on your right ear, it means you are looking and Bora Bora natives will spoil you with flirts.
8. Among the native French Polynesians, the Island of Bora Bora is known as the Romantic Paradise.
9. Half of the population of Bora Bora is below 20 years. Expect to see many beautiful people enjoying the sun on the beaches.
10. The Island of Bora Bora is surrounded by several beautiful islets that includes; Motu Tapu, Motu Ahuna, Tevairoa, Motu Tane, Motu Mute, Motu Tufari, Motu Pitiaau, Sofitel Motu, Motu Toopua, and Toopuaiti.
The Island of Bora Bora is one of the best places on earth to honeymoon. With the seclusion found on the beaches, you can even consummate your marriage on the beach…yeah…it is that deserted.